Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Turning 30

Turning 30 is surreal for me.  At this stage in life, I feel settled, like I have roots and I'm finding my way through peace and contentment.  I have a balance between a vision for the future, a joy in the present, and discernment about my past.  God is a good God.  This is true in all three view points for me.

Looking back:  God is good in all things.  There has been struggle, heart ache, disappointment, hurt, and loss.  More of each, and more to mention.  But through all this, God has been good to provide strength, foundation, healing, blessing, and gifts.  I have been rooted in God's word thanks to many good teachers and mentors over the years.  I have a sound education that provides confidence, and has set me up for a rewarding career.  I have grown closer to my God-fearing husband, and an amazing child that is an answer to prayers.  I have a beautiful home that helps me find rest and satisfaction in all that has been given to me on this earth.  Everything from my schooling, my upbringing, and my spiritual foundations have pulled me into a happy and healthy life.  God has been faithful.

Looking around: God is good in all things.  I am surrounded my true friends and I delight in real relationships.  I have found love, support, and honest encouragement through the body of Christ that is my church family.  I have labored alongside my husband in a ministry that sees fruit.  I have an unbridled faith that knows only the bounds my flesh places on me.  I battle with an enemy that hates me, yet I glory in God's grace.  I am confident in my whereabouts with the Lord. I don't take myself so seriously anymore, and I'm more accepting of my own mistakes.  I take delight in Grace and deep joy.

Looking forward:  God is good in all things.  Some experiences and circumstances will repeat themselves, that's one thing I know for sure.  I will have more disappointments and losses, to name a few.  I also know the capacity to continue to have long, healthy, life-giving relationships around me.  I know God's plans for me: a hope and a future.  I do not expect for my lot to grow bigger and bigger; but instead, whatever my lot, thou has taught me to say... it is well.  It is well.  It is well with my soul.

Psalm 84:11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment